This is a great vegan recipe with no added oil – keeping things tasty while eating healthy!
- 25g bread in small cubes ( I use GF bread)
- 50g walnuts
- 30g cashews
- 1 cube vegetable stock for 0.5 l
- 100g red lentils, washed/drained
- 500ml water
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g onions
- 150g mushrooms ( or dry mushrooms pre-soaked and drained)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 15g soya sauce ( or mustard if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds pulverized, mixed with 3 Tbsp of water (You can substitute with psyllium husks if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp dry persil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- Mix together the bread and walnuts (pulse the nuts several times in a blender to break them into small pieces).
- Cook lentils with the vegetable stock and water for 30min.
- Heat up the oven to 190degrees celsius. Prepare baking paper.
- Blend shortly garlic and mushrooms to combine.
- Add the sunflower-seeds, soya sauce, flax mixture, bread, nuts, lentils, herbs.
- Mix well and make small patties using your hands. Bake for about 30/40min at 190 degrees celsius.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lentil & Nuts Patties